As seen in a branch of Barnes and Noble in the San Francisco bay area, Empire State is on display on the Notable Paperbacks table alongside none other than Tom Clancy.
Hmm, I wonder if I can get some crossover with his readers?
Thanks to SameDeepH2OasU on Twitter for the pic!
It’s going to be a busy couple of weeks for Empire State as it hits the shelves in the US this week and the UK next week:
- On BoingBoing, Cory Doctorow reviews the book, calling it “phildickian”, a word which might be my favourite ever. Also, I’ve been reviewed on BoingBoing. Oh my.
- Crime blog Do Some Damage have reviewed it as well, saying “Empire State is a big, blockbuster action book… if these wild ideas keep running through Christopher’s head and he gets them down on paper he’s going to be a superstar.”
- The Dragon Page – home of one of my favourite podcasts – call Empire State “a compelling read”.
Although the book is a January release, the ebook editions are now available in the UK as well as the US:
- Amazon Kindle – UK readers
- Amazon Kindle – US readers
- Angry Robot ebook store – worldwide, DRM-free epub
Finally, the mighty crime blog Criminal Element have an extended extract.
Back to the editing. Three days to go… yikes! It’s also just over a week until the official UK launch of Empire State at the Forbidden Planet Megastore next Thursday evening, and less than two weeks until the US launch at the New York Public Library.
Right. Eyes down for a full house.