Hello 2013! We’re back to an odd-numbered year, during which I will turn an odd-numbered age. I like odd numbers.
There are a few leftover bits and bobs from the end of 2012:
- At WarpCoreSF, Empire State was named the Best Superhero Noir of 2012.
- At The Founding Fields, Seven Wonders came in at number 9 of their best books of 2012.
- Empire State came in at number 3 on Angel of Retribution’s list of best debuts of 2012, while Seven Wonders made it to number 3 on their Best of the Best list.
- The Eloquent Page named The Age Atomic among their top ten books to look forward to in 2013
- The Ranting Dragon have compiled a might list of 50 titles to look forward to in 2013, with The Age Atomic at number 19. Also featuring a shout-out to Hang Wire, although I’d argue whether one book is more important than the other!
Today is the last day of Angry Robot’s ebook sale, which features 25% off all their ebooks (including, of course, Empire State and Seven Wonders). You can find details of the sale here. All Angry Robot ebooks are DRM-free too!
New Zealand’s Sir Julius Vogel Awards are also open from now until March 31st.- notably, anyone can nominate for these, regardless of membership of the Science Fiction and Fantasy Association of New Zealand.
If anyone is so inclined, my list of eligible work is here.
And finally a quick update to my year ahead – actually, this is all likely to take me well into 2014. So my projects are: Shadow’s Call (to be renamed – now scheduled for publication in March 2014), Hang Wire (out in November 2013) Lucifer, Blackout 77, and an untitled urban fantasy project.
Um, yeah. That should keep me going! I should also have an update on my comic debut, The Sentinel, shortly. I’m looking forward to showing off some new art from that!